April 5, 2007

Reactions After Day 1

Well, interestingly enough, I was surprised to see how many UK fans out there think highly of the idea. I thought it would be fun to post some of the responses I have been getting from fan message boards, emails, and the like. Here are a few from the ESPN Kentucky Wildcat Message Board:

"I think it'd be cool. She would definitely be a good recruiter, strong influence among families...etc."

"She could out coach most of the male coaches today but she won't be able to to recruit because I don't think young males would play for a woman which is a shame."


"Funny thing is she probably has more balls than Tubby did."


"I agree, and frankly, what better candidate is out there? The guy is right, a recruiter is a recruiter. Which of these kids will have a problem taking orders from a mother figure?
"

I also had a brief email with Chris Diggs who runs the Courier-Journal's Wildcat's Fan Blog, and he thought it was 'hilarious' and was going to feature it on there.

Seriously, though, I am astonished. I expected some comments to come in from backward thinking people bashing even the thought of it. But, none yet. Only real UK fans stating with a fair amount of certainty that not only would she be good, but that "she has more balls than Tubby did".

Billy Update: Although reported yesterday that UK had gotten 'permission' to speak with Billy's people, this morning he was quoted as saying that there hasn't been any contact yet and that he really wants to let everything sink in while he is away and then be able to make a decision. This is as reported in Gainesville media and on ESPN Radio.

No comments: